Ford heeft de iosis Max conceptcar meegenomen. Dit futuristisch uitziende karretje moet ons alvast opwarmen voor de MPV (of Multi Actitivity Vehicle) versie van de Fiesta die we later dit jaar zullen zien.
Waarschijnlijk zal de productieversie van de iosis MAX op de markt komen onder de naam B-MAX. Het is alleen de vraag of de kekke schuifdeuren het productiestadium zullen halen. Opel past in elk geval al suicidedoors toe op de volgende generatie Meriva. Aparte deuren kunnen het dus wel eens helemaal gaan worden in dit segment.
FORD IOSIS MAX CONCEPT COMBINES STYLE, INNOVATION AND EFFICIENCY
1 Introduction and Highlights
• Third in the series of exciting iosis ‘kinetic design’ concept cars is unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show
• New iosis MAX is a vision for Ford’s next generation compact multi-activity vehicle (MAV), and hints at the design direction of Ford’s next global C-cars
• Concept combines bold, dynamic styling with new levels of efficiency and flexibility
• Striking exterior design based on a fresh interpretation of Ford’s kinetic design form language
• Coupé-like side profile, with bold new window line graphic and highly original ‘flying buttress’ C-pillar design
• Distinctive new design treatments for lower trapezoidal grille and front / rear lights
• Interior presents a bold evolution of the exterior design language, incorporating dynamic shapes and advanced materials
• Slim, muscular instrument panel flows into innovative centre console with
three-dimensional touch-screen surface
• Lightweight seats supported on spine-like bridge, so that occupants are ‘floating on air’
• Unique two-piece tailgate design allows full opening even in restricted spaces
• B-Pillarless construction and new door kinematics provides optimised side loading
• Environmental sustainability enhanced by innovative powertrain technologies, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight construction techniques
• iosis MAX previews Ford of Europe’s high efficiency EcoBoost engine family with a 1.6-litre 180 PS unit designed to deliver improved fuel economy and lower emissions
• 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine is coupled to a new Ford Auto-Start-Stop system and Ford’s advanced PowerShift transmission showcasing future possibilities for lean, clean and efficient petrol powertrains
1.1 Introduction by John Fleming
“The new iosis MAX concept car marks another important step in the renaissance of Ford of Europe’s product design under the leadership of Martin Smith.
The two previous iosis concepts were significant milestones in that process. They helped to introduce our new design strategy, and to show how kinetic design would play a key role in transforming our future product line.
The fantastic reception given to our latest models – from the Mondeo and Kuga, through to the Fiesta and Ka – suggests that we’ve been getting our strategy right.
The iosis MAX is an exciting third addition to the iosis concept car series.
While it is a bespoke concept and doesn’t preview a specific production model,
iosis MAX does provide a tempting glimpse into the design direction and efficient powertrain technologies being adopted for the next generation of Ford’s global medium car range.
Presenting such a bold concept car during the current economic climate highlights the confidence within Ford of Europe about the company’s design philosophy and the strength of our current – and future – product line-up.
The iosis MAX sends a powerful signal that there are more stylish and desirable Ford products just around the corner.
John Fleming, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe